Thursday, May 12, 2016

EOC: Week 6: 3 Items I Own That Define Me


I think that everything that someone owns reflects his or her own personality in some specific way, this is also pretty accurate if you were to look at it from a marketing standpoint. If I had to pick 3 items that I own that would most accurately portray my personality in a marketing context, the first item I would pick would probably be my “Phinehas” beanie. This would require some research on their part probably, but Phinehas is an amazing Metal band, not only that, they are my favorite band in the whole world. I wear my Phinehas beanie pretty much everyday, everywhere regardless of where I am. Their music and lyrics really synergize with me on a much deeper level than other bands. If I saw this Phinehas beanie as a marketer, I would notice a passion for metal music and the culture that comes with metal music. The next item that I think I would pick might be my Blue Encore100 performance microphone. The reason I would pick this is because it is the first item I purchased from Sweetwater.com and the only microphone I have used to play shows with my band The Light Upon Darkness. Sure I don’t use it for many other audio projects but this item is something dear to me that I really have a connection with. I think a marketer would look at this item and see a passion for music and other audio related fields, especially if they noticed it was purchased from Sweetwater.com. My last and final item would probably be World of Warcraft. I have played World of Warcraft for 10 plus years and it is the embodiment of my love for video games. Blizzard is my favorite gaming company and I have been a WoW fanatic for years.

No comments:

Post a Comment